A Teacher's Day

The day in the life of an inner city large urban school district teacher after the high stakes testing ends and there is still three more months left before summer vacation.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have taught school for over thirty years always in the inner city and for the most part always upper grade students. I have two children and I have been married for twenty years.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I did not come to school yesterday. Took care of the incidents in Missouri instead. The police are on it, the block is quiet, letters written to stop the craziness are being distributed, and most of all, people in the neighborhood have decided to stand up and call the authorities.

Came to school early to clean up. My desk is a mess. The tables--we don't have desks--are a mess. Only the floor is not a mess. Could not find any of the work I left behind for the substitute.

No one has told me anything negative about the class yet. I'm waiting.

Guess I'll have to come back and update this blog later in the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home