A Teacher's Day

The day in the life of an inner city large urban school district teacher after the high stakes testing ends and there is still three more months left before summer vacation.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have taught school for over thirty years always in the inner city and for the most part always upper grade students. I have two children and I have been married for twenty years.

Monday, April 24, 2006

A New Day

Everything is going unbelievably. We're studying poetry out of Poetry, the April translation issue. I'm amazingly pleased at how well my sixth and seventh grade students are responding to it.

Today they read "The Fall of Jericho" by Henri Volohonsky and wrote their opinions on how the wall came down. When they compared their ideas with the translater's commentary, the Bible's version and the poet, these were magnificent papers.

Everything went so well today I cannot complain about anything.

This is the kind of day when you know choosing the avocation of teacher is the only choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home