A Teacher's Day

The day in the life of an inner city large urban school district teacher after the high stakes testing ends and there is still three more months left before summer vacation.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have taught school for over thirty years always in the inner city and for the most part always upper grade students. I have two children and I have been married for twenty years.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Taking Care of Life

I haven't posted anything about teaching in a few days. I had to take care of other things. Sometimes we need a break to solve life's conflicts and all of its disorderly conduct. Came back to my classroom after a two day absence and the room is still here. Someone tried to tamper with the computer, someone did mess up my table in front of the room, someone must have done something else, too, but it's not quite eight o'clock here so I don't know all of the details.

I have quite a bit to do today. I don't even know where to start.

Tonight is my second union meeting.

I'll touch base later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home